Thursday, November 29, 2012

Simple Student Information System using ASP.NET MVC4 (w/ C#)

I created a practice project where I use my new knowledge on Entity Framework Code First, the Repository and Unit of Work patterns with ASP.NET MVC4 and Unit Testing including mocking with Moq.

I published it on GitHub.
(Not yet finished)(I think I am finished with the thing I wanted to practice on - using the Repository and Unit of Work patterns)

There are functionalities that are not yet implemented in this project:
1. Updating the list of Degrees
2. Updating the list of Subjects
3. Updating the list of Semesters, Periods and Levels
4. Roles and permissions - for now, anybody can register, login and update student records.
(also, Unit Testing is not yet completed)

I have to set aside this project for a while because there are other things I need to study.

If you are interested, you can view/download/fork it from here: https://github.com/jboyflaga/StudInfoSys.AspNetMvc4.git






5 comments:

  1. Good approach, will prefer to have a look after you complete the attendance and permission portions, as they pretty vital parts of the student information system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MyClassboard is the leading web based Student Management Software, providing 1500 schools unmatched Power, Integrated, Ease-of-Use and Affordability.

    ReplyDelete